Thursday 1 May 2008

so much time...

... I haven't been writing for so much time!

But I was busy trying to understand what to do with my final project, and preparing the presentation for Prof. Taylor (also English), and trying to find something interesting for the final project with prof. Busà too. Yes, our English course consist of many different parts (this year only three, but in my last year before the degree there were 5 different exams to take and last year they were 4 written, and 2 oral parts to have the final mark for Lingua inglese I!), and I have to dedicate them time enough now, in order to do other exams in June, like German literature and so on...

This idea of comparing Italian and American culture through the analysis of a particular topic is really a good thing! The other great thing is that we're working with American students! Tomorrow I will be skyping with Elena to point out our job, what she is going to do, what I'm going to do and so on, and I'll make sure she has properly understood how the elections in Italy work, while she will be solving my doubts about American election system!

I keep on wondering in the blogosphere, and I always find something surprising! I've put a couple of new URL in my blogroll, and I visited different websites! And I'm still fascinated by the possibility of technology...

6 comments:

- A - C - said...

Understanding elections in Italy... poor Elena, she must really be an open minded person LOL ;-)

As for technology, I think we haven't seen anything yet. There are a couple of "revolutions" standing by which will have a very significant impact in the next 5/10 years.

well, good luck for your exams
ciao ciao
A.

Claudia said...

I'll let you know how hard it will be! She's just going to understand how it works, not why...
I think we can afford it! If you consider American system in comparison, where the majority actually do not decide anything...

Live and learn, they say, hopefully it will change after we've finished the project! (no eh?)

- A - C - said...

Right. the "how" can be understood. (I couldn't fully explain it, not that I have given much thought about it though).
What kind of project is it?

qualcosa di bello said...

your election comments make me smile, i do not think i will ever understand politics! buona fortuna with your exams!!

Claudia said...

@ Andrea: the project consist in writing a page on a wiki half in Italian and half in English to compare an aspect of the two cultures. We decided to talk about elections, do not ask me why!

@qualcosa di bello: I hope to find at least energy enough to sit them all! Thank you ;)

Ecletic Woman said...

I think that both political systems are confusing. It would be great if you could publish some of your project on your blog. I would like to learn more about the Italian political system. I've heard that you have had 63 governments since WWII, is this true?