Sunday 5 October 2008

Some hours in Rome...

...not even a day! I had time just for a walk, starting with San Peter.






Passing by, because I had no time to stand in a queue...












Then I passed by Castel Sant'Angelo, and I stopped few minutes in the park, just to read my map and decide the next target...

















Which could not but be Trinità dei Monti, and to reach it I went along a street, where I could see Bulgari, Cartier, Buccellati... and I was wondering what kind of place it was... The to decided the next stop of my trip I realize that I was passing by via Condotti!!


















It's almost impossible to take a picture without people in it, when you're in Rome...


I went up the stairs, and up there I decided the next stop...













...can you guess where I am?!
I thought I could sit for a moment, bu when I reached Fontana di Trevi I realized that it was too crowded!

So, I stopped just a minute to watch the tourists taking picture of the wife/son/daughter/boy-girl-friend throwing a coin...







Then through unknown ways I arrived in Via Venezia from where I could see Altare della Patria, but I didn't dare go up the stairs here! (once in a lifetime, and I had already done it!)













When you're there you cannot avoid to see Colonna traiana and Foro di Traiano, of course!


















And if you go up to reach Piazza del Campidoglio you can see the whole city (almost)...













And then you can easily recognize Marco Aurelio when you arrive...

So far I was almost tired (it is a really long way...) but I thought I could take a bus to come back, so I decided to go on (Colosseo is so near...)

















...but I just managed to reach Tempio di Vesta which is just opposite La Bocca della verità! Then I had to come back, no more time, and no more energy for my quick trip in Rome!

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

claudia...that is some serious distance for just one day!! your third photo is just around the corner from my apartment last summer...oh how i am homesick after enjoying your post! :D

Claudia said...

Yes it is! But my sister had to go, and didn't want to stay a night alone in Rome... and her ticket was paid, so...
Did you receive my e-mail?!
Hope to hear from you soon!